Melbourne

Friday, February 26, 2010

Am I Changing?

This is the question..2 months away from "home", Austin that is, and nearly that long in Australia. Weeks pass and they feel like months as everyday something new, different, or something I've never seen crosses my path, yet it all starts to look the same. I work, HARD at my job, serving coffee and lunch to those who broadcast live on the airwaves in Melbourne..wishing I was doing something else. But what? What do I want to do? Where is this journey taking me? Further down the road I've already been, in a different country, but the same ol shit, different country. I want to see something DIFFERENT. And so I'll leave Melbourne soon, in the next 6 weeks, and look for something else, something that isn't the same as I've already seen. Bush country perhaps..and some other kind of folks. Need to stop drinking in the city, and start soaking up the scenery..

2 comments:

  1. " Need to stop drinking in the city and start soaking up the scenery"... I love that!
    I wonder what would make you happy. I know the work you do is so far below you, there is no way you would be happy doing menial work just to have monney to do the things you love... You are going to have to do the things you love for money...somehow.. some way.... Can I be the coach of "Team Vixie"?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yeah Katie! I so very obviously need a life coach, reading back on this blog..good lord. let's work on it. Team meeting?

    ReplyDelete